Conducting Workplace Investigations Advanced
Conducting Workplace Investigations Advanced – including Interviewing difficult complainants and respondents – This course covers material from our standard 2 day course plus advanced level complaint analysis, interview planning and practice and evidence analysis and the opportunity to practice interviewing reluctant complainants and argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents. It is recommended as an advanced level course to allow participants to discuss and experience the process of interviewing and dealing with difficult parties.
If you haven’t done a previous course or have limited experience don’t worry you can still do this one as we will send you pre-learning materials that will catch you up.
Included in this course – What to do if during a workplace investigation you have to deal with difficult respondents, this can occur in a number of ways;
* The respondent refuses/declines to attend an interview to discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent refuses/declines to answer questions or discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent provides ‘no comment’ answers during the interview to questions about the complaint/allegations
* The respondent is argumentative or aggressive toward you during the interview
* If you as the interviewer feel unsafe due to the actions or attitude of the respondent
* The respondent argues that the process if flawed or unfair.
* The respondent attempts to take control of the interview.
* Disruptive support people
All of the interviews are conducted with facilitators playing the parts of the complainants. witnesses and the respondent and are all based on real investigations.
Delivery: Via Zoom
Date: 4 x 3.5 hour sessions
Time: 9am to 12.30pm
Session 1: Monday 16 November
Session 2: Tuesday 17 November
Session 3: Monday 23 November
Session 4: Tuesday 24 November
Total duration: 14 hours
Cost: $995.00 per person (Plus GST = $1,094.50)
(For organisations or businesses who wish to have internal courses for their employees we have a flat rate with no limit on participants, please contact us for details)
All participants will receive the AWPTI;
- Investigation Interview Manual (pdf)
- Procedural Fairness Manual (pdf)
- Reasonable Management Action Manual (pdf)
- Sexual harassment Manual (pdf)
- Evidence Manual (pdf)
- Misconduct Definitions Manual (pdf)
- Difficult participants (complainant, witnesses & respondents Manual (pdf)
Value $380.00 included in the cost of the course.
To book and for payment please used the PayPal buy now button below. You do not need a PayPal account, in the PayPal window and you can use a credit or debit card or Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Once payment has been received we will email you the receipt. Please remember to include your name and email address on the PayPal payment gateway. Thank you. For your security we only use PayPal for purchases, no personal information is stored on this site. Our system is not automated so we will email you receive as soon as we can.
Terms & Conditions – Click here
Contents of the Conducting Workplace Investigations Advanced course
- Sessions 1 & 2
- Investigations in the workplace
- Initial incident response
- Why investigate
- Types of complaints
- Why do managers get complaints
- Investigation fundamentals
- The investigation process
- Planning investigations
- Complaint analysis
- Interview planning for complainants and witnesses
- Sessions 3 & 4 covers interviewing in depth
- Interview room set up
- Types of questions to ask
- Investigative interview technique for reluctant or difficult complainants
- Drafting legally complaint allegations
- Interview planning – respondents
- Interviewing argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents
- Analysing and evaluating evidence
- Making findings
- Report writing
- Role plays with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators
- In addition to the skills obtained during the this course, participants with the opportunity to
- Work through an investigation based on a real world scenario from receipt of the complaint to final report including interviewing all the parties
- Analyse scenarios to develop skills to identify issue and formulate investigation and interview plans
- Develop and practice their interviewing skills by interviewing actors and facilitators in the roles of complainants, witnesses and respondents
- Receive feedback on their interviews and tips and tactics from professional investigators.
In house courses are available, If you have more than 4 people who wish to attend, please contact us at email@example.com – in this case we recommended conducting the course in house for your organisation that again can be conducted remotely via Zoom.
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out NSW, QLD and Victoria. Workplace training national wide
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations