Maximise Performance of your employees
“You WANT me for training before you NEED me for investigations”
Through our training programs we create unrivalled pathways to optimal workplace behaviour. Ensuring that you have training for your employees covering vital areas such as bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination is essential in modern workplaces.
AWPTI have developed a number of short courses of 90 minutes to 2 hours duration delivered via Zoom at a time to suit your needs. With issues around sexual harassment receiving a lot of media attention it is vitally importance that your organisation does all it can to minimise the occurrence in your workplace. Training is one of the steps your can take to help satisfy your duty of care.
Ask yourself the following;
How much does misconduct disrupt your business and affect your employees performance and your bottom line
Do your employees understand the behavioural expectations of your organisation?
Do they fully understand your policies and Code of Conduct?
Do your employees know what bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination are?
Do they understand what reasonable management action is?
All of the AWPTI employee training programs can be customised to suit your business.
Understanding Workplace Misconduct – Bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
SPECIAL BUSINESS/ORGANISATION RATE FOR BOOKING MADE IN OCTOBER & NOVEMBER 2021 SAVE OVER $450.00
This training is recommended for employees at all levels to help minimise workplace misconduct including bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment and interpersonal disputes.
The training is conducted by highly qualified and experienced workplace investigators who deal with complaints against managers and interpersonal disputes on a daily basis. The training is not theory based, it is based on actually complaints and issues experience by managers.
60 to 90 minutes covering:
- What is workplace misconduct?
- What is the workplace in 2021?
- Workplace Polices and Misconduct
- What is workplace bullying?
- Hostile Work Environment
- Workplace Harassment
- Swearing in the workplace
- What is sexual harassment in the workplace?
- Components of sexual harassment.
- What is discrimination in the workplace?
- Misuse of resources including IT
- What would/should you do
- Why do people bully?
- Busting the Myths
- Your rights and obligations
The ‘‘Understanding Workplace Misconduct’ course provides participants with:
- An understanding of the behavioural expectation of your workplace.
- Practical skills to enable employees to recognise what is and what is not bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment and offer strategies to deal with bullying and bullies effecting people in the workplace
- Strategies and tactics to help employees if they have been the subject or have witnessed misconduct in the workplace.
- The opportunity to hear and discuss real investigations into misconduct in the workplace
Understanding Sexual Harassment in the workplace – for groups/organisations.
This session goes far beyond the ‘tick a box’ training that only covers definitions and how to report. This is an Live by Request course details and booking information is here
The program has the following components;
- What is sexual harassment
- Sexual harassment – busting the myths
- Your rights and obligations
- Power emotional and control
- What can you do
- Legal Responsibilities
This session consists of questions, case studies and videos for discussion where participants are asked to comment;
* Is this sexual harassment?
* Why and How?
* What should the victim do?
* What would you do?
* How can you help?
The session also includes discussion around actual sexual harassment investigation cases and the Myth Busting section what illustrates comments made by victims that make them feel that they can’t report matters and comments/excuses made by perpetrators in actual interviews.
Understanding Sexual Harassment in the workplace 1 to 1 – for individuals.
This session covers the same material as course 1 above. This Live by Request course is designed for individuals who have had issues in relation to their behaviour that may constitute sexual harassment and as part of the remedial action, training and coaching to understand sexual harassment is recommended.
This courses are provided remotely via Zoom. You can book this Live by Request here, please contact us for scheduling before purchase.
All programs can be tailored to suit any specific requirements that you may have. Our courses are available remotely nationwide.
Code of Conduct & Ethical behaviour in the workplace – customised for your organisation – course for all staff
We can review your conduct of conduct and design and facilitate Code of Conduct and Ethical behaviour training tailor to your organisational needs. Contact us for details – email@example.com
- Recommended for all employees
- 60 – 90 hour session (dependent on your needs) covering:
- The responsibilities of employees under your Code of Conduct
- Ethical responsibilities
- Session provides participants with:
- Practical skills to enable employees to recognise what their responsibilities are under your Code of Conduct
- Information and skills to help employees identify and deal with ethical dilemmas
Misconduct at Workplace events (Conferences & Christmas parties)
Recommended for all employees
As a workplace investigator I call the combination of alcohol and workplace events as the Danger Zone. Needless to say the conference season and the period between Melbourne Cup day and Christmas are very busy times for workplace Investigators, especially when it comes to investigating sexual harassment complaints.
Be proactive train your staff and take reasonable steps to avoid problems, complaints, investigations, bad publicity and potentially expensive litigation. Check here for more details and to make a booking. Please contact us for scheduling before you make a purchase.
- This session can be conducted as 60 – 90 minute Live by Request or longer dependent on your requirements covering.
- The definitions of what is and what is not – workplace bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Appropriate behaviour at work events
- Legal responsibilities.
- Session provides participants with:
- Practical skills to enable employees to recognise what is and what is not bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination and offer strategies to deal with bullying and sexual harassment effecting people at events in the workplace
- The opportunity to hear and discuss real complaints and investigations
- Complaint handling
- Fraud in the workplace
- Internet, email and IT usage
- Ethical behaviour in the workplace – customised for your organisation
- Fair Work Act – Unfair Dismissal and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Grievance Resolution
Our programs are designed from a reality based perspectives, not what could or might happen, but what is actually occurring in workplaces all over the country. This tends to make the training highly engaging as participants can get a real of sense of how misconduct such as bullying and sexual harassment affects workplaces and employees.
All of our training is conducted by Phil O’Brien a highly qualified and experienced workplace investigator. The programs have been developed as a result of Phil having to investigate 100s of complaints of misconduct including bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, fraud, theft, misuse of resources including IT and email and many more. The training is not just theoretical, it is based on actually incidents, complaints and issues experienced. Please contact us for details firstname.lastname@example.org
AWPTI – Workplace training Sydney and through-out NSW and national wide
Misconduct training, bullying training, harassment training & sexual harassment training, dispute & grievance resolution training
Other training programs provided by AWPTI – http://awpti.com.au/training/