Employment Essentials Management Training
The Employment Essentials Management Training program has been designed to assist employers, managers, supervisors and business owners to understand and deal with employment related issues.
The training is conducted by Phil O’Brien a qualified lawyer and highly experienced workplace investigator. Phil has also lectured in Employment Law, Business Law, HR policy and Employment Relations at the University of Notre Dame Sydney since 2014.
Half day course (4 hours) consisting of;
- Basic employment law compliance (The Fair Work Act)
- Understanding the different sources of rights and obligations for employees and employers
- Understanding the differences between the NES, Modern Awards, Enterprise Agreements and Employment Contracts
- Understanding the employer’s obligations in relation to applications for Flexible Working Arrangements (s65 FWA)
- Understanding the general legal risks around ending employment, unfair dismissals and general protections
- Understanding the obligations to prevent and address discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace
- Reasonable Management Action
- Recruitment do’s and don’ts (particularly from a discrimination perspective)
- Wage compliance
- Workers’ Compensation and the employer’s Duty of Care
Delivery: Via Zoom
Date: 4 hour sessions (please contact us if you wish to schedule a course)
Time: 9am to 1pm or 1.30pm to 5.30pm (approx)
Total duration: 4 hours
Cost: $995.00 per person (includes GST)
This course is one of our Live by Request courses, we will run the course for one person. Before you make a purchase, please contact us to enquire and to schedule a date.
(For organisations or businesses who wish to have internal courses for their employees we have a flat rate with no limit on participants. We will come to you for full day courses, please contact us for details)
The program includes a comprehensive participant workbook with case studies and cases from Courts and the Fair Work Commission. The course is conducted remotely via Zoom.
The training is not only a cost effective option but is a great way of providing your employees with insights into real life case studies. When it comes to employment law it is essential for employers, managers, supervisors and business owners to get it right the first time every time.
This program is part of our ‘Live by Request’ series, this means that anyone can book in you don’t have to be part of an organisation with multiple attendees, you can take the course at a time to suit you, even weekends.
For your security we only use PayPal for purchases, no personal information is stored on this site. Our system is not automated so we will email you receive as soon as we can.
Terms & Conditions – Click here
In house courses are available, If you have more than 4 people who wish to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – in this case we recommended conducting the course in house for your organisation that again can be conducted remotely via Zoom.
Australian Workplace Training & Investigation is part of the International Workplace Management Institute delivering workplace training through out Australia and internationally.
AWPTI – workplace investigation nationwide.
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations