Interviewing Difficult Respondents
Interviewing difficult respondents – This is a standalone course that is devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis and the opportunity to practice interviewing argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents. It is recommended as an advanced level course to allow participants to discuss and experience the process of interviewing and dealing with difficult respondents.
Included in this course – What to do if during a workplace investigation you have to deal with difficult respondents, this can occur in a number of ways;
* The respondent refuses/declines to attend an interview to discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent refuses/declines to answer questions or discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent provides ‘no comment’ answers during the interview to questions about the complaint/allegations
* The respondent is argumentative or aggressive toward you during the interview
* If you as the interviewer feel unsafe due to the actions or attitude of the respondent
* The respondent argues that the process if flawed or unfair.
* The respondent attempts to take control of the interview.
* Disruptive support people
All of the interviews are conducted with facilitators and actors playing the parts of the respondents and are all based on real investigations.
While this is an advanced course participants are provided with training in how to plan and conduct interviews. We recommend that you consider combining this course with Conducting Workplace Investigations 1 day course or the Investigating Workplace Misconduct 2 day course. We will still run full days sessions to suit your needs (full days course only).
Delivery: Via Zoom
Date: 1 x full day session or 2 x 3.5 hour sessions
Time: To suit you.
This is an On Demand course. We will run the course for one person (Zoom only) and this course can be conducted on the weekend. Please contact us to enquire and to schedule a date. We will conduct this course face to face if that is your preference (full day course only)
Total duration: 6 hours
Cost: $995.00 per person (includes GST )
(For organisations or businesses who wish to have internal courses for their employees we have a flat rate with no limit on participants, please contact us for details)
All participants will receive the AWPTI;
- Investigation Interview Manual (pdf)
- Procedural Fairness Manual (pdf)
- Reasonable Management Action Manual (pdf)
- Sexual harassment Manual (pdf)
- Evidence Manual (pdf)
- Misconduct Definitions Manual (pdf)
- Difficult participants (complainant, witnesses & Respondents Manual (pdf)
Value $380.00 included in the cost of the course.
To book and for payment please used the PayPal buy now button below. You do not need a PayPal account, in the PayPal window and you can use a credit or debit card or Contact us email@example.com
Once payment has been received we will email you the receipt. Please remember to include your name and email address on the PayPal payment gateway. Thank you.
For your security we only use PayPal for purchases, no personal information is stored on this site. Our system is not automated so we will email you receive as soon as we can.
Terms & Conditions – Click here
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9674 4279 if you would like more information or would like to book a course.
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out NSW, QLD and Victoria. Workplace training national wide
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations