Management Essentials Training
The Management Essentials Training program has been designed to assist managers to deal with employment related issues, it comprises of four sections;
- Reasonable management Action (RMA).
- Performance Management to avoid complaints.
- Basic Dispute Resolution Interventions
- Dealing with misconduct and complaint handling for managers,
This training is recommended for all managers/team leaders/supervisors to help minimise costly and time consuming complaints against managers
The training is conducted by Phil O’Brien a highly qualified and experienced workplace investigator as a result of having to investigate a number of complaints against managers that had their origins in performance management, feedback or appraisals. The training is not theory based, it is based on actually complaints and issues experience by managers. and designed to ensure that if a complaint is made that the manager acted in the appropriate manner.
Figures from the Fair Work Commission in relation to applications for Stop Bullying orders illustrate the high percentage of application for order made against managers. More details here These sort of numbers make understanding reasonable management action and complaint handling absolutely essential for managers at all levels.
Full day course covering:
- The definitions of ‘what is’ and ‘what is not’ reasonable management action
- The definitions of ‘what is’ and ‘what is not’ workplace bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Why managers get complaints
- Performance management to avoid complaints, A step by step process to ensure that if a complaint is made following performance management or feedback the manger satisfies the elements of RMA
- Basic dispute intervention & resolution, including conducting meetings, getting participant buy in, creating agreements
- Dealing with misconduct and complaint handling for managers also includes basic the investigation process.
- Legal responsibilities
The Management Essentials Training course provides participants with:
- Practical skills to enable managers to recognise what is and what is not reasonable management action, bullying, harassment and discrimination and offer strategies to deal with bullying and bullies effecting people in the workplace
- Strategies to help managers when conducting performance management to help to ensure that they avoid substantiated complaints
- Techniques to help managers conduct dispute resolution interventions/meetings and resolve workplace interpersonal disputes
- Information and skills to help managers deal with misconduct and employee complaints in the workplace and to understand and identify the type of complaint and to access the best method to deal with the complaint
- The opportunity to hear and discuss real investigations
- The program includes a comprehensive participant workbook with case studies and case from Courts and the Fair Work Commission
This course is offered as an internal or public course and can be conducted face to face or remotely via Zoom
The programs can be delivered a number of ways;
1 x full day (approximately 6 hour) program.
2 x 3 hour sessions
3 x 2 hour sessions.
The flat rate cost is the same and participants are unlimited. In the divided sessions, they can be conducted to suit your timetable for example consecutive days or once a week depending on your needs, we are very flexible.
We will also conduct the course for limited numbers or even 1 person and at times we conduct public courses, please contact us for details.
Contact AWPTI to find out how your organisation can benefit from the Management Essentials program. firstname.lastname@example.org
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out NSW, QLD and Victoria. Workplace training national wide
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations