Workplace Investigation Extended Training – 3 day course
Workplace Investigation Extended Training – 3 day course – This course covers material from our standard 2 day course plus extended time spent on practice interviewing.
Delivery: Via Zoom
Duration: 3 full days (7 hours) or 6 x 3.5 hour sessions (Total 21 hours)
Time: 9am to 12.30pm or 9am to 4pm
Dates: Live by request – Contact us to schedule a course – email@example.com
Total duration: 21 hours (approx.)
Cost: $2000.00 per person (Includes GST)
This course is only being currently offered to organisations who wish to have multiple employees attend
For organisations or businesses who wish to have more than 3 employees attend we have a flat rate with no limit on participants, please contact us for details
All participants will receive the AWPTI Workplace Investigation Document Toolbox value $1200.00.00 included in the cost of the course – details here
To book and for payment please used the PayPal buy now button below. You do not need a PayPal account, in the PayPal window and you can use a credit or debit card or Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions – Click here
Contents of the Workplace Investigations Extended course
- Sessions 1 & 2
- Investigations in the workplace
- Initial incident response
- Why investigate
- Types of complaints
- Why do managers get complaints
- Investigation fundamentals
- The investigation process
- Planning investigations
- Complaint analysis
- Interview planning for complainants and witnesses
- Sessions 3 & 4 covers interviewing in depth
- Interview room set up
- Types of questions to ask
- Investigative interview technique for reluctant or difficult complainants
- Drafting legally complaint allegations
- Interview planning – respondents
- Interviewing argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents
- Analysing and evaluating evidence
- Making findings
- Report writing
- Role plays with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators
- Sessions 5 & 6 covers interviewing in depth
- What to do if during a workplace investigation you have to deal with difficult respondents, this can occur in a number of ways;
- Additional interview practice with difficult participants
* The respondent refuses/declines to attend an interview to discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent refuses/declines to answer questions or discuss complaint/allegations made against them
* The respondent provides ‘no comment’ answers during the interview to questions about the complaint/allegations
* The respondent is argumentative or aggressive toward you during the interview
* If you as the interviewer feel unsafe due to the actions or attitude of the respondent
* The respondent argues that the process if flawed or unfair.
* The respondent attempts to take control of the interview.
* Disruptive support people
- In addition to the skills obtained during the this course, participants with the opportunity to
- Work through investigations based on a real world scenarios from receipt of the complaint to final report including interviewing all the parties
- Analyse scenarios to develop skills to identify issue and formulate investigation and interview plans
- Develop and practice their interviewing skills by interviewing actors and facilitators in the roles of complainants, witnesses and respondents
- Receive feedback on their interviews and tips and tactics from professional investigators.
All of the interviews are conducted with facilitators playing the parts of the complainants. witnesses and the respondent and are all based on real investigations
In house courses are available, If you have more than 4 people who wish to attend, please contact us at email@example.com – in this case we recommended conducting the course in house for your organisation that again can be conducted remotely via Zoom.
Australian Workplace Training & Investigation is part of the International Workplace Management Institute delivering workplace training through out Australia and internationally.
AWPTI – workplace investigation nationwide.
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations