Workplace Investigation Training Australia – Complaints of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment are becoming more common in Australian workplaces, does your HR or management team have the necessary skills to investigate complaints? Failing to deal with complaints in a timely and professional manner is not only detrimental the parties involved and the workplace in general it can result in further complaints and legal action for a breach of your duty of care, this can be very expensive.
Workplace Investigation Training Australia – AWPTI can provide
* HR Investigation Training
* Bullying, Harassment and Sexual Harassment investigation training
* Internal investigation training
* Procedural fairness investigation training
Conducting Workplace Investigations Full Course (2 days) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
We are now offering this course conducted Live by Request via Zoom in 2 full day or 4 half day sessions.
Recommended for HR professionals and managers involved in the investigation of misconduct or complaints. This is a highly interactive course where participants work through an actual investigation from the receipt of the complaint, interviewing parties, drafting allegations and making finding and recommendations and report writing. Participants interview our people in the roles of complainants, witnesses and the respondent.
- Two day course:
- Day one
- Investigations in the workplace
- What is the workplace in 2021
- Initial incident response
- Why investigate
- Bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination
- Misuse of resources, email and I.T
- Why do managers get complaints & Reasonable Management Action
- Investigation fundamentals
- Procedural Fairness, Bias and Conflict of Interest
- The investigation process
- Planning investigations
- Complaint analysis
- Record keeping
- Unfair dismissal and the role of the investigation and the investigator
- Day two covers interviewing in depth
- Interview room set up
- Interview planning
- Types of questions to ask
- Investigative interview technique
- PEACE method
- Planning & interviewing complainants and witnesses
- Drafting legally complaint allegations
- Interviewing respondents
- Analysing and evaluating evidence
- Role plays with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators
- Making findings
- Report writing
- The Investigation toolbox
- In addition to the skills obtained during the Investigating Workplace Misconduct component this Course provides participants with the opportunity to
- Work through an investigation based on a real world scenario from receipt of the complaint to final report including interviewing all the parties
- Analyse scenarios to develop skills to identify issue and formulate investigation and interview plans
- Develop and practice their interviewing skills by interviewing actors in the roles of complainants, witnesses and respondents
- Receive feedback on their interviews and tips and tactics from professional investigators.
All of the interviews are conducted with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators and are all based on real investigations.
All of our training is conducted by Phil O’Brien a highly qualified and experienced workplace investigator. The programs have been developed as a result of Phil having to investigate 100s of complaints of misconduct including bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, fraud, theft, misuse of resources including IT and email and many more.
All of our courses are part of our ‘Live by Request’ training. This means we will conduct the training at a time/date to suit you via Zoom or MS Teams. Since early in 2020 when working from home became the norm we have found this to be a highly effective and cost saving (to you) means of delivering the training.
All of our investigation training courses include provision of :
* A comprehensive participant workbook that contains all of the information form the course (190 pages approx)
* A full AWPTI workplace investigation documents toolbox valued at $1,200.00 included in the cost of the course- details here
* Access to 3 pre-training investigation webinars
Note we will run this course with limited number even just one person. The Live by Request courses via Zoom or MS Teams can be run in full days or half day (3.5 hours) sessions.
For organisations or businesses who wish to have courses for multiple employees we have a flat rate with no limit on participants, please contact us for email@example.com on 02 9674 4279 if you would like more information or would like to book a course.
Conducting Workplace Investigations extended (3 day course)
This course has 2 options.
We offering this course conducted Live by Request via Zoom in 3 full day sessions or 6 half day sessions.
This option contains the same material as the 2 day course with a lot more time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis. It is recommended for larger teams (10 plus) so everyone get more time to practice and improve their skills.
This course option contains the same material as the 2 day course with a lot more time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis and the opportunity to practice interview argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents. It is recommended as an advanced level course to allow participants to discuss and experience the process of interviewing and dealing with difficult respondents.
Included in option 2 – What to do if during a workplace investigation you have to deal with difficult respondents, this can occur in a number of ways;
* The respondent refuses/declines to attend an interview to discuss complaint/allegations made against them.
* The respondent refuses/declines to answer questions or discuss complaint/allegations made against them.
* The respondent provides ‘no comment’ answers during the interview to questions about the complaint/allegations.
* The respondent is argumentative or aggressive toward you during the interview.
* If you as the interviewer feel unsafe due to the actions or attitude of the respondent
* The respondent argues that the process if flawed or unfair.
* The respondent attempts to take control of the interview.
This session can be booked as a standalone 1 day course – details here.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9674 4279 if you would like more information or would like to book a course.
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out Australia.
Workplace training national wide and internationally
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations