Workplace Investigation Training – Complaints of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment are becoming more common in Australian workplaces, does your HR or management team have the necessary skills to investigate complaints? Failing to deal with complaints in a timely and professional manner is not only detrimental the parties involved and the workplace in general it can result in further complaints and legal action for a breach of your duty of care, this can be very expensive.
Investigating Workplace Misconduct (2 day course) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
We are now offering this course conducted Live by Request via Zoom in 2 full day or 4 half day sessions. We will still run face to face sessions if you prefer (full days only).
Recommended for HR professionals and managers involved in the investigation of misconduct or complaints. This is a highly interactive course where participants work through an actual investigation from the receipt of the complaint, interviewing parties, drafting allegations and making finding and recommendations.
- Two day course:
- Day one
- Investigations in the workplace
- Initial incident response
- Why investigate
- Types of complaints
- Why do managers get complaints & Reasonable Management Action
- Investigation fundamentals
- The investigation process
- Planning investigations
- Complaint analysis
- Planning & interviewing complainants and witnesses
- Drafting legally complaint allegations
- Interviewing respondents
- Evidence analysis (overview)
- Making findings
- Report writing
- The Investigation toolbox
- Day two covers interviewing in depth
- Interview room set up
- Interview planning
- Types of questions to ask
- Investigative interview technique
- Analysing and evaluating evidence
- Role plays with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators
- In addition to the skills obtained during the Investigating Workplace Misconduct component this Course provides participants with the opportunity to
- Work through an investigation based on a real world scenario from receipt of the complaint to final report including interviewing all the parties
- Analyse scenarios to develop skills to identify issue and formulate investigation and interview plans
- Develop and practice their interviewing skills by interviewing actors in the roles of complainants, witnesses and respondents
- Receive feedback on their interviews and tips and tactics from professional investigators.
Investigating Workplace Misconduct PLUS (3 day course)
This course has 2 options.
We offering this course conducted Live by Request via Zoom in 3 full day sessions or 6 half day sessions. We will also run face to face sessions if you prefer (full days only)
This option contains the same material as the 2 day course with a lot more time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis. It is recommended for larger teams (10 plus) so everyone get more time to practice and improve their skills.
This course option contains the same material as the 2 day course with a lot more time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis and the opportunity to practice interview argumentative, intimidating and aggressive respondents. It is recommended as an advanced level course to allow participants to discuss and experience the process of interviewing and dealing with difficult respondents.
Included in option 2 – What to do if during a workplace investigation you have to deal with difficult respondents, this can occur in a number of ways;
* The respondent refuses/declines to attend an interview to discuss complaint/allegations made against them.
* The respondent refuses/declines to answer questions or discuss complaint/allegations made against them.
* The respondent provides ‘no comment’ answers during the interview to questions about the complaint/allegations.
* The respondent is argumentative or aggressive toward you during the interview.
* If you as the interviewer feel unsafe due to the actions or attitude of the respondent
* The respondent argues that the process if flawed or unfair.
* The respondent attempts to take control of the interview.
This session can be booked as a standalone 1 day course – details here.
All of the interviews are conducted with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators and are all based on real investigations.
All of our training is conducted by Phil O’Brien a highly qualified and experienced workplace investigator. The programs have been developed as a result of Phil having to investigate 100s of complaints of misconduct including bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, fraud, theft, misuse of resources including IT and email and many more. The training is not just theoretical, it is based on actually incidents, complaints and issues experienced.
Please contact us email@example.com or on 02 9674 4279 if you would like more information or would like to book a course.
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out NSW, QLD and Victoria. Workplace training national wide
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations