Workplace Sexual Harassment Investigation Training – There has been a lot of recent media attention on sexual harassment especially in the workplace. Complaints of sexual harassment are becoming more common in Australian workplaces, does your HR or management team have the necessary skills to investigate these types of complaints? Failing to deal with complaints in a timely and professional manner is not only detrimental the parties involved and the workplace in general it can result in further complaints and legal action for a breach of your duty of care, this can be very expensive.
Some examples of some costly sexual harassment court cases details here
AWPTI offer some Workplace Sexual Harassment Investigation Training options for your HR, WHS staff and managers.
Workplace Sexual Harassment Investigation PLUS 1 (2 day course) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Recommended for HR professionals and managers involved in the investigation of misconduct or complaints. This is a highly interactive course where participants work through an actual sexual harassment investigation from the receipt of the complaint, interviewing parties, drafting allegations and making finding and recommendations. This is similar to our general workplace investigation course however it focuses on the investigation of sexual harassment complaints.
- Two day course:
- Day one
- Sexual harassment, definition and examples
- Busting the myths of sexual harassment.
- Why investigate
- Investigation fundamentals
- The investigation process
- Planning investigations
- Interviewing complainants and witnesses
- Drafting legally complaint allegations
- Interviewing respondents
- Making findings
- Report writing
- The Investigation toolbox
- Day two covers interviewing in depth
- Interview room set up
- Interview planning
- Types of questions to ask
- Investigative interview technique
- Analysing and evaluating evidence
- Role plays with facilitators and actors playing the parts of complainants, witnesses and alleged perpetrators
- In addition to the skills obtained during the Investigating Workplace Misconduct component this Course provides participants with the opportunity to
- Work through an investigation based on a real world scenario from receipt of the complaint to final report including interviewing all the parties
- Analyse scenarios to develop skills to identify issue and formulate investigation and interview plans
- Develop and practice their interviewing skills by interviewing actors in the roles of complainants, witnesses and respondents
- Receive feedback on their interviews and tips and tactics from professional investigators.
Workplace Sexual Harassment Investigation PLUS 2 (3 day course)
This course contains the same material as the plus 1 course with a lot more time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis. It is recommended for larger teams (10 plus) so everyone get more time to practice and improve their skills.
Workplace Sexual Harassment Investigation (1 day course)
This course contains the same material as day 1 from the plus 1 course with less time being devoted to interview practice and evidence analysis. Recommended to allow you to gain a knowledge of the basics if you have limited time to devote to training
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9674 4279 if you would like more information or would like to book a course.
From time to time we run public workplace investigation training courses, (details here) however if you have 4 or more participants we recommend that you have us run the course internally for you at your location.
AWPTI – workplace investigation Sydney and through-out NSW, QLD and Victoria. Workplace training national wide
Misconduct investigations, bullying investigations, harassment investigations & sexual harassment investigations, complaint investigations, grievance investigations, discrimination investigations